Alcoholic Beverages/Liquor Licensing
Business & Financing
Investment Management & Fiduciary Services
Municipal & School
As a professional problem solver, Daniel brings more than a law degree to any matter he takes on. For his corporate clients, it is a drive to understand core business objectives (something he cannot shake from years in sales). For his municipal clients, a multicultural background to see competing viewpoints from all positions. For hospitality clients, the same comfort behind a desk as in the kitchen. For international clients, the understanding needed to bridge cultural and language gaps.
Daniel advises municipalities and school districts on a broad array of legal issues. Daniel serves as Solicitor for the Boroughs of Avalon and Ben Avon, and Assistant Solicitor to several other of the firm’s municipal clients. From providing advice at public meetings, drafting complex ordinances that are defensible in court to prosecuting code violations, Daniel believes his role as Solicitor is to help elected and appointed government officials fulfill their official duties and protect their communities.
Corporate and Investment Management
Daniel advises owners of early-stage companies with entity selection and registration, preparing operating agreements for LLCs, LPs, contract drafting and review, raising capital, buy-sell agreements, and other commercial transactions. Daniel’s practice also includes counseling registered investment advisers, national banks, and federal savings institutions on a broad range of regulatory, compliance and transactional matters.
Daniel represents breweries, clubs, hotels, and restaurants with liquor license acquisitions and transfers and understands the local dynamics of inter-municipal transfers. He also advises hospitality clients on complying with liquor regulations and laws and defending protests before the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB), and citations by the Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement (BLCE).
Prior to entering private practice, Daniel worked as a Judicial Intern for the Hon. David S. Cercone of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania; Judicial Intern for the Supreme Court of Costa Rica, and as a Law Clerk for the City of Pittsburgh, Law Department.
Daniel was born in Chicago, IL but raised in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico and cannot remember whether he spoke English or Spanish first as a child.
- Senior Staff Editor, Duquesne Business Law Journal
- Merit Scholarship Recipient and Pro Bono Program Certificate of Recognition
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- All state courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Rising Star by Super Lawyers®, State/Local/Municipal Law (2019-2022)
- Selected by Pittsburgh Magazine and PUMP 40 Under 40 for 2019. Honorees are selected for their creativity and passion to enrich the Pittsburgh region.
- Latino Community Center, Board Director
Pittsburgh Hispanic Development Corporation, Board Director
- Duquesne Law Alumni Association, Board of Governors
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Pittsburgh Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association (PRLA), Board of Directors